Monday, July 6, 2009

Wrap-Up on GRUPP

I took a vacation immediately after GRUPP, so I didn't write a follow-up post to my Day 1 post. But I did want to just follow-up with a couple of resources that stood out for me beyond what I already wrote:

  1. JavaRosa
    JavaRosa is an open-source platform for data collection on mobile devices. Basically, a supped-up XForms browser for Java ME, it's pretty awesome.

  2. Open Data Kit
    Built on JavaRosa, it's designed specifically for Android, and to take advantage of all the awesomeness that is an Android phone.

I've decided in the coming weeks to play with ODK and blog about it, and try to think about other solutions for mobile offline/online data collection. I haven't done mobile development before, so this will be interesting.

No comments: